We are studying words this week that have a vowel + r sound. The first ten words will follow this pattern and the other five regular words will be high frequency words that your child will need to use often in his/her reading and writing.
Regular Words Super Spellers
1. car 1. football
2. party 2. soccer
3. smart 3. tennis
4. yard 4. basketball
5. barn 5. swimming
8. start State: Minnesota
10. warm BONUS TASK A or Print out an Activity from
11. garden Spellingcity.com week 16
12. know Unscramble the words. Write both the
13. listen scrambled and unscrambled words on
14. sharp paper. trmas, nbra, tyarp, rayd, rac,
15. walk rawm, era, rtats, rahd, armf
BONUS TASK B
Choose five spelling words and write three rhyming words for each.
Dictation sentences-separate grade
1. Our car had a flat tire.
2. My dog is very smart.
3. Trees grow in my yard.
4. They came to my party.